Technology is rapidly changing, and while it hasn’t quite reached Jetson heights, it continues to evolve to make life easier. We pride ourselves on being on the cutting-edge here at CPI Security, with a Smart Home System that integrates all the key devices in your home to provide you convenient access and complete control through the inTouch™ app. Connect your security, locks, lights, thermostats, video, and more for seamless – and smarter – automation and control.
To help you build a smarter home and optimize CPI Security’s home automation, we’ve compiled a list of the best smart home tips and tricks for our products.
Of course, you can visit our FAQ page for more information and tips.
Smart Home Devices:
- Touchscreen Door Lock – Our smart lock’s motorized deadbolt allows you to lock and unlock your door from the keyless touchscreen or through the inTouch app.
- Lamp Control – Through the inTouch app, control the power to a lamp or set schedules to turn lights on and off automatically.
- Garage Door Controller – Giving you added security and convenience, our garage door controller lets you open or close your garage door through the inTouch app from anywhere.
- Thermostat – Fully integrated into your system, our thermostat lets you control your temperature from your app, just as you can with your security, lights, locks, garage door, and more.
Control your touchscreen door lock from anywhere via the inTouch app.
Home Automation Ideas for Our Touchscreen Door Lock:
- Don’t Worry About Lost Keys – You can assign each member of your family a unique code to unlock or lock your door. If the code is misplaced, simply delete it, and create a new one. You can even create a temporary code for dog sitters, guests, or friends – and then delete it in seconds.
- Know Who’s Unlocking the Door – Keep tabs on kids or know when the dog sitter is at your house by getting an alert when a specific user opens the door with their unique code.
- Guarantee Your House is Secure – If you forget to lock up on the way out the door, your system can send a reminder and you can lock the door remotely via the inTouch app.
Home Automation Ideas for Our Lamp Control:
- Automate Lights to Save Energy – Cut back on your electricity use and schedule lights to turn on and off automatically according to the time of day or when it gets dark.
- Schedule Your Lights When You’re Away – If you plan to leave home for a few days, give people the impression that you’re there by setting up a schedule that turns your lights on every evening.
- Enhance Safety in Emergencies – For added safety and visibility, you can set rules to have lights automatically turn on in an alarm event.
Our garage door controller is fully integrated with your security system.
Home Automation Ideas for Our Garage Door Controller:
- Check Your Garage Door's Status – Easily check your garage door’s status through the inTouch app to make sure your house is safe and secure. As an added bonus, your app can alert you if your garage door is left open!
- Close Your Garage Door – Leave the house in a hurry and forget to close your garage? No sweat. Close it remotely no matter where you are with our Garage Door Controller.
- Keep Packages Secure – Expecting a package and won’t be home to receive it? You can remotely open the garage door and ask your delivery driver to drop your package inside, remotely closing the garage door behind them.
Home Automation Ideas for Our Thermostats:
- Set Your Thermostat from Anywhere – You can turn on the heat from the comfort of your couch or make sure the nursery is set to the perfect temperature – all from the inTouch app.
- Save Energy When You Leave Home – Your heating and cooling system is the biggest energy hog in your house! You can program your app to adjust your thermostat when you leave the house and arm your system, saving energy and money.
- Don’t Let Bought Air Out – If a window or door with a contact sensor is left open for an extended period, our smart thermostat can enter “savings” mode and send you an alert. You can completely customize this feature to act after a certain amount of time and automatically choose the “savings” mode.
Protecting your home with CPI Security is more than just cameras or sensors. It’s all-encompassing smart security that makes life easier and keeps you safe with real-time alerts and 24/7 monitoring.
Visit our FAQ page for more information and tips: www.cpisecurity.com/faq/